Rovers 24 – 40 Oldham
Jan 11th 2020
- Team play was slow from the start but it improved as the game progressed in the second half.
- We were denied a a couple of potential tries from a few harsh officiating calls.
- We need less back chat to the ref.
- Tackling could be cleaner.
- Overall we can improve on most aspects of our game.
A lot of great pick and go’s however we need to improve on our counter rucks. We need to make sure we really secure our own ball.
In various moments of the game there were opportunities for us to counter ruck, but our execution was right, so the chances went begging.
Scrums were as usual but would greatly benefit from more practice. We regularly have different players coming in and out of the team, so a bit more dedication from everyone to get down, so we can gel as a team.
Our lineout functioned well in attack, but in defence we only threw up the front jumper rather than trying to track their man.
Being a front rower, my knowledge of backs play is some what limited.
From my perspective the boys did a good job, but like all things we need to make sure our execution is better, which means practice, practice, practice.
On a side note Alex “Gary” Underwood was back on the paddock whilst flying in for business. Good to have the old boy back.
Final score 40-24
3 points Harith
2 points Min
1 point Yeong Yee and maiden try scorer
Dick of day – Lance – dropping the ball 1m from try line